Sunday, April 25, 2010

She's here!

2 days old, finally home!

Our new baby girl arrived earlier than planned. I've always had to be induced with all my other children so when I woke up at 1:3oam on Friday and didn't feel well I got up to walk around and noticed I was having regular contractions. "Am I really in labor?" I thought. After an hour they were still 3-4 minutes apart and getting stronger each time so I called my doctor and he said to go in and get checked at the hospital. I honestly thought they would check me, send me home with a pill and just tell me it was false labor. As we got there the contractions got harder though and they said I was at a 5. Guess we're having a baby! I had all these plans that day to deep clean my house before my parents came, get a pedicure, and 10 other things on my to-do list before she came. We checked in at 2:45am and she arrived at 4:38am after a few pushes. No epidural. 6 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches long, she is definitely the tiniest baby I've ever had. It took us 2 days to name her because our list of names was long and we just couldn't decide. After awhile though I thought of a completely new name and I called Troy and he said, "Yeah, I thought of that one too this morning. I like it!" He brought the kids over later and asked how they felt about it and I quickly wrote it down on the birth papers before I could change my mind again. We had a few minor concerns with her so we had to stay 48 hours in the hospital.

During that time I thought how truly blessed I am to be a co-creator with God... How amazing pregnancy and the whole birth process is... How something so little and helpless can make your heart melt and how you can fall in love unconditionally almost immediately. It's impossible to not not believe in God when you see a newborn baby - with perfectly created bodies. Today I wish to express to the world how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father for this miraculous gift!

~Karen

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amelia - shoot me your email and I'll let you know. I try not to have my kid's names on the internet for safety reasons. Hence the first initial only by their pictures. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Karen!! She's beautiful! So happy that everything went so well. Did your parents make it in time???

    ReplyDelete