Saturday, March 16, 2013

MORE Nursery Ideas

I'm still loving Nursery!  (My daughter is a little troublemaker sometimes but I still enjoy watching these toddlers learn that Jesus loves them.)  I feel the kids get enough silly songs from TV, preschool, etc. so we're going to try and focus on "church-approved" songs to get them ready for Primary.  I also thought it would be nice to have a back-up plan in case our music teacher doesn't show up.  Life happens and it's always nice to be prepared, right? 

Nursery Singing Time Ideas

Set out Foam Squares (everyone gets the same color so they don’t fight over a color to sit on)
Sing “Here We Are Together” (261) to start and help kids learn each other’s names.
If it’s someone’s birthday that week sing the “Happy, Happy Birthday” (284a) song.
Next is a seasonal song: “Rain is Falling All Around” (271b).  Can change it depending on the season - sun is shining, wind is blowing, leaves are falling, snow is falling.
“I Love to See the Temple” (95). Hold pictures of temples and/or use hand actions.
“Give Said the Little Stream” (236) and have them twirl blue ribbon taped to jumbo craft sticks.
“Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam” (60) and hold Sunbeam paper plates to their faces.
“Popcorn Popping” (242) and use hand actions.

“If you’re happy (266).  With bells – you can change it to clap your hands, spin around, blink your eyes.

“Do as I’m doing” (276) with bells bicycle your hands, sway back and forth, tap the floor & clap

“Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” (275a) using hand actions

“Jesus Said Love Everyone” (61) hold fleece hearts and sing softly

“I Hope They Call Me on a Mission” (169) Clip missionary name tags to their clothes with clothespins

I made a 4x6 file in photoshop (there are 2 tags on each print) then I printed them at Costco & used packing tape to laminate them.

“Follow the Prophet” (110) sing just the chorus and march around the room with Monson’s picture

“I Am like a Star” (163) hold star-on-a-stick
 
“I Wiggle” (271) using hand actions

“I Am a Child of God” (301) Have them hold a picture of Jesus with the Children

Have them turn in their colored floor squares and then blow bubbles till the parents come get them.
Here are 4 flashcards you can copy to Word.  Be sure to use narrow margins.  Then print and cut.  That's 16 songs to choose from.  :)



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment