Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year



Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! The night before we played "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and they got new Christmas PJs. (N's ears don't normally stick out like that, I just thought he would look cute as an elf.) We made a new recipe of whole wheat chocolate chip cookies (thanks for the recipe Sarah R.!) but Santa only got 3 by the time I could stop the kids from eating them all. I was so good Christmas morning and only took a few pictures. I've had to force myself to cut down on my picture taking since it takes forever for me to filter thru 100+ pictures for a 2 page scrapbook layout for one event... Anyway, I digress...

This year, for the first time, we ALL stayed up till midnight to celebrate the New Year. It helped that we had Panda Express to enjoy along with the following movies: Space Chimps, Wall-E and Iron Man. By the time we finished the movies, it was midnight and we watched the ball drop on TV. J was disappointed - "They don't break the ball?" Guess he thought they would THROW the 5 million dollar ball to the ground. That would be more exciting... The kids had fun watching the fireworks from the window since it was a chilly 18 degrees outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment