Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today was a long day

(This picture is from one of our Primary Activity Days)

Shortly before church started I found out that I would be released as 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency and called to serve as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society. I regretfully left Primary and those sweet adorable children that I loved teaching and serving. There just wasn't enough time for me to give them all a hug goodbye so I asked them all to reach their arms out wide and then wrap their arms around their little bodies and told them it was a hug from me and that I would miss them all dearly and that they would have to sing really, really loud next week so I could still hear their angelic voices. After being set apart and grabbing a quick dinner we had our Great to Be Eight and Priesthood Preview Programs.


I know our bishop is inspired and I would not have accepted had the call not come from the Lord. I must have a lot more to learn. I'm very excited though to work with our new presidency; they are an amazing group of women. It's going to be hard to change how I teach though and I'll miss teaching my own children during Sharing Time.


Too bad I can't do both callings...

No comments:

Post a Comment